Friday, May 25, 2525

Howdy!

Hello and welcome to Honky Tonk Merry-Go-Round!

This blog was created to celebrate my love of vintage country music. I'll be featuring a wide variety of country, bluegrass, and other occasional related genres from roughly the '20s through the '60s in a hopefully creative and entertaining way.

I'm hoping that visitors like what I do here (and that there ARE visitors!), but that either way, you will feel free to comment on the posts. Getting comments from you and having a dialog among hopefully like-minded passionate fans is of paramount importance. That's what keeps the Merry-Go-Round spinnin'!

By the same token, if there's something posted here that anybody feels infringes on them (other than just not liking it), I'll remove it.

Thanks, and have fun!

Joaquin LeFleur - May 25, 2010

9 comments:

gilhodges said...

Fantastic! I'll be visiting daily. Thank you in advance.

Joaquin LeFleur said...

@Gil - Glad to have you here. I'll do my best to make it worth your while...

JLF

Johnny One-Note said...

Hi Joaquin,

Good luck with your new blog, which I'll visit on a daily basis.

If you need my help with anything, just holler.

Take care,
Johnny

Jamester54 said...

You are off to a great start and I love Honky Tonk. The likes of Frizzell, Smith, Price, Pierce and Young and let's don't forget about Hank Sr. Run em' off.... Porter has hit again. Good Luck with this and I will be a Loyal follower and support what you do. The old stuff is the best. You just don't hear the Fiddles and Pedal steel anymore. A Big Thank YOU...

Joaquin LeFleur said...

@Johnny - Thanks so much! It really means a lot to have your support. As I've said before, VMIMC has been a big inspiration to me, and I love what you and Harlan are doing there.

@Jamester54 - You're a man after my own heart - that's my favorite stuff too, and there will be plenty of that here... Thanks for coming by and for your support!

JLF

Lester said...

Wonderful stuff. I look forward to visiting every day. Thanks for your efforts!

rockin-djames said...

Hi Joaquin,

Congratulation for your blog, you are in the same spirit of Harlan and Johnny, and for me it's wonderful. Long live to your blog.


Rockin djames

Anonymous said...

Hi Joaquin,

I've just discovered your terrific blog. I appreciate that you post carefully chosen individual songs and provide information, as well. In my opinion, there are too many blogs that post complete albums or even box sets for downloading without any sign of reverence for the music.

I look forward to visiting often and have added a link on my own humble blog to yours.

Thanks, Marie

Joaquin LeFleur said...

Hi Marie,

I'm so glad you found my blog, and even happier that you appreciate it!

Your comments made my day.

I would love to see your blog too, so please send me a link when you can.

Thanks again, Marie, and I look forward to having you as a regular visitor!

JLF