Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America


Today is Independence Day in America. So, in typical American fashion, I thought I'd post some songs of people pounding their chests and bragging to the world about how great it is to live in this country. Not to say that it isn't, but I can't think of too many other countries that have so many songs telling you so. But even if you're not American, you can still appreciate one of our finest truly American art forms, Bluegrass Music. Happy 4th of July! Hope you enjoy the tunes...





Jimmy Martin (pledging allegiance to his Cadillac) • Jim & Jesse • Flatt & Scruggs • Bill Clifton

1 comment:

Don said...

Songs on a single theme is a really nice idea. I enjoyed hearing four different songs spotlighting four different bluegrass bands. I'm glad you selected Bill Clifton because he has been more or less neglected in recent years. Thanks again, Joaquin.