Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Classic Recording Sessions - On This Date (5/25)


The Carter Family - 79 Years Ago
Monday, May 25, 1931
Hotel Charlotte, 237 W. Trade St., Charlotte, NC
Sara Carter: vocal, autoharp; Maybelle Carter: vocal, guitar, steel guitar; A.P. Carter: vocal


The Louvin Brothers - 55 Years Ago
Wednesday, May 25, 1955
Session #3759: Castle Studio, The Tulane Hotel, 206 8th Ave. N., Nashville 3, TN
Charlie Louvin: vocal, guitar; Ira Louvin: vocal, mandolin; Chet Atkins: guitar; Ray Edenton: guitar; Lightnin Chance: bass.
Producer: Ken Nelson

5 comments:

Exeter said...

Hi,
I do like the idea of this blog.

But I am afraid I don't like Divshare, as it is clumsy and restrictive. I don't like to sound negative, as I am really not well versed in what the costs are that are involved in maintaining a blog such as this. There are those that use Rapidshare, those who use Megaupload, and others, that do seem easier to work with. So I should just say than you for your efforts, and I will follow your blog!
Thank you!

Joaquin LeFleur said...

@Exeter - Thanks for visiting! Sorry to hear you don't like divShare. I'm using it because I like the feature that allows you to have an embedded playlist so that you can play the music on the site. I don't think there's a way to do that in Rapidshare or Megaupload, but if somebody is able to correct me on that, I'd be happy to switch. If I post things that I intend more as downloads than as an interactive presentation, I would mostly likely use Rapidshare.

Jamester54 said...

Great picture of Charlie and Ira, never seen this one. Great tunes too. Thanks

Jamester54 said...

Joaquin is awesome and easy to download as well. A great choice if you chose that.

BarrieB said...

New (to me) photo of the Carter's as well.